Restoration (ANR) with the provision of endemic and native tree species seedlings from the community-managed nurserires at the edge of the forests.
- Alternative livelihood projects : endemic tree species nursery, rattan & bamboo plantations, production testing for high valued crops, permaculture and pandan weaving.
- A community managed cable car built to provide a more efficient transport for upland farmers to market their produce.
CONSERVATION CAPTIVE BREEDING AT NFEFI -
BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION CENTER
In the 1990's a breeding program for the Visayan Spotted Dear (Cervus alfred) was initiated. In 1996, NFEFI established the Biodiversity Conservation Center (BCC) that serves as a breeding and rescue station for endangered & endemic animals found in Negros Island as well as other places in the Philippines.
BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
- Negros Rainforest Conservation Project at Sitio Campuestuhan, Mt. Mandalangan.
- A comprehensive biodiversity research program with volunteers from Coral Cay Conservation of the United Kingdom.
- Environmental education through Puppet shows, interactive workshops, seminars and forest camps.